By default AJAX editing is only possible in admin area’s all comment’s quick edit option; now this tutorial explains how you can add a quick and powerful AJAX editing front-end feature for your website users. Simply install and activate WP Ajax Edit Comments plugin; soon after activation you can start editing comments on front-end using this plugin’s AJAX edit feature. Not only this much but this plugin provides you a plenty of the options and features that you can configure from your admin area dashboard’s AEC (AJAX Edit Comments) menu.
Admin Features of AJAX Edit Comment
- Admins can edit all comments, move all comments, blacklist comments, approve, held for moderation, mark as spam or delete all comments from any post.
- Admins can undo functionality for most editing options.
- They can choose different icon sets to use on their blog.
- Dropdown menu to de-clutter the interface.
- Improved RTL support.
- Various types of admin-panel options including
- Can edit comment time.
- Can specify anonymous user options.
- Can specify logged-in user options.
- Can choose between Akismet and Defensio for spam protection.
- Can disable timer and much more.
Anonymous User Features Options:
- Anonymous users can edit comments for a limited time.
- Anonymous users can request deletion of own comments.
Logged-in User Options
- Potential indefinite comment editing.
- They can edit comments for a limited time which is specified by the site administrators.
Other Plugin Features Include:
- New pop-up box called Colorbox used.
- Timer on both the post and in the comment-editing interface.
- Improved usability and look-and-feel.
- Better error and status messages.