Earlier we discussed about a few WordPress plugins that makes frontend post editing possible but are limited to content editing purposes only. This tutorial is on a powerful WordPress plugin that allows you to create, edit and manage all your blog posts with media, taxonomy terms etc direct from the frontend of your website.
Installation & Usage: Install and activate Frontier Post. After activation the plugin automatically creates a page with permalink
yourdomain.com/my-posts from where you can manage all your blog posts and create new ones. In-case if the page is not automatically created then manually create a page and paste this short-code
[frontier-post] in there.
How to create new posts from the frontend ?
yourdomain.com/my-posts page (or the page where you have used the plugin’s shortcode) and click ‘CREATE NEW POST’ button.
How to edit posts from the frontend ?
Simply click the edit button present at the bottom of your blog posts or visit
yourdomain.com/my-posts page (or the page where you have used the plugin’s shortcode) and manage your posts from there.
Options & Features: There are many different options and feature which you can enable from Dashboard -> Settings -> Frontier Post admin page.
- Create posts with media directly from frontend
- Users can delete their own posts (Optional)
- Users can edit their own posts (Optional)
- Post can be edited in frontend directly – Using standard edit link (Optional)
- My Posts Widget
- My Approvals Widget
- Capabilities are aligned with WordPress standard.
- Excerpts editable (Optional)
- Edit Categories (dropdown or multiselect)
- Default category per role
- Tags (Optional)
- Supports WordPress Post Status Transitions
- 4 editor options for frontend editing (Full, Simple-Visual, Simple-Html or Text-Only)
- Editor enhancements: Smiley (emoticons), Table control and Search & Replace
- Disable Admin bar per role (Optional)
- Users must be logged in to post
My Posts Widget
- Show logged-in users posts (Author)
- My Posts
- Comments to users posts
- Experpts of comments
- Link: Create New Post
My Approvals Widget
- Shows pending approval actions including link to approval (will only show for administrators)
- Number of post approvals pending
- Number of drafts (optional)
- Number of comment approvals pending
- Number of comments marked as spam