While sharing your blog posts and other content on social networks, you must have noticed that most of the social sharing websites fetches the link details, like thumbnail, title and description and this is not just limited to social websites but also with Google and other search results. In this tutorial we are discussing how you can improve the appearance & ranking of your blog Posts, Pages, and also your eCommerce Products in Google Search and Social Website shares.
We’ll be using WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin. The plugin adds HTML meta tags to the head section of web pages of your website for improved Google Search results, ranking and sharing on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Tumblr and other social networking and community websites.
How To Use WordPress Social Sharing Optimization Plugin?
Install and activate WordPress Social Sharing Optimization in your website. Upon activation visit your Dashboard -> SSO -> General pageand here you can customize the open graph for Image and Video like image dimensions, default image to use, title & descriptions, authorship. You can set publisher settings for Facebook, Twitter & Google+ etc. For advanced settings & options visit Dashboard -> SSO ->Advanced.
Slideshow Showing Content Sharings Made On Various Social Networks After This WordPress Social Sharing Optimization Plugin Is Activated:
A Quick Summary Of Its Features:
- Adds Facebook / Google+ / LinkedIn / etc. Open Graph, Pinterest Rich Pin, and Twitter Card meta tags.
- Configurable image sizes and content descriptions for different contexts.
- Configurable contact fields for author meta tags and user profile pages.
- Integrates with 3rd party plugins and services for additional image, video, product, and content information:
- NextGEN Gallery
- JetPack Photon
- WordPress SEO by Yoast
- All in One SEO Pack
- WP e-Commerce
- Slideshare, Vimeo, Wistia, Youtube APIs