There are many features in WordPress that doesn’t provides you any admin area setting and option pages. WordPress Helpers plugin opens up those missing settings you wish were there in WordPress and gives you control over them.
After activation visit your admin area Dashboard -> Tools -> Helpers page and you will be seeing its configuration settings page showing tabs like writing, reading, discussion, widgets, users etc etc. Each tab provides you options which you can edit for changing the behavior of some default WordPress features.
Using WordPress Helpers you can:
- Take control of the WordPress Admin Bar… including “Howdy”.
- Show ID’s on edit screens for Posts, Pages, Categories, Tags, Users, Media, Custom Post Types and Custom Taxonomies.
- Expose the hidden WordPress settings page.
- Disable the theme switcher.
- Remove the “Screen Options” tab.
- Disable Upgrade Notifications for WordPress, Themes and Plugins (individually).
- Hide Dashboard widgets.
- Set the default Dashboard columns.
- Set the default Post editor (Visual or HTML).
- Totally disable the Visual Editor.
- Increase the height of the Excerpt box when writing a Post.
- Disable Autosave.
- Set the Post Per Page on the edit screen.
- Set Excerpt length by characters or words.
- Remove the “Private” and “Protected” title prefixes.
- Disable RSS Feeds.
- Delay publishing of RSS feeds.
- Add Featured Images to your RSS Feed.
- Include/Exclude Post Types in Search.
- Disable XML-RPC (WordPress 3.5 or later)
- Do not allow comments on Pages.
- Remove auto linking in comments.
- Disable Self Pinging.
- Enhanced Body/Post Classes: Browser detect, Taxonomies (including hierarchy levels), post date, has post thumbnail, author information, logged in users, multisite, odd/even (post archives only), post excerpt.
- Remove any/all default WordPress widgets.
- Run any shortcode in a widget.
- Remove WordPress version, Feed Links, RSD Link, wlwmanifest and relational links for the posts adjacent to the current post, from your theme header.
- Remove the Admin color scheme option from the User Profiles.
- Remove AIM, Yahoo IM, Jabber/Google Talk.
- Put your site into Maintenance Mode.
- Create a Private website.
- Redirect vistors to the home page after login.
- Display an notice to your users in the admin or on the front of your site.