Rather than installing so making plugins for disabling certain features in your WordPress site, you can do it with one easy plugin.
Disabler is a free WordPress plugin allows you to remove certain WordPress features. Install and activate it then visit your WordPress admin area Dashboard -> Settings -> Disabler and remove what you want to remove.
Using this plugin you can remove the following features by checking and unchecking them.
- Disable Texturization — smart quotes (a.k.a. curly quotes), em dash, en dash and ellipsis.
- Disable auto-correction of WP capitalization.
- Disable paragraphs from being automatically inserted inside posts.
- Disable self pings (i.e. trackbacks/pings).
- Disable all RSS feeds.
- Disable XMP-RPC.
- Disable auto-saving.
- Disable post revisions.
- Disable WordPress from printing it’s version in your headers (only seen via View Source).
- Disable WordPress from sending your URL information while checking for updates.