Add several kinds of enhancements to default WordPress Media Library, like as full taxonomy support, quick edit actions in bulk and reports on where media is used.
- An inline “Quick Edit” action for many common fields.
- Shows which posts use a media item as the “featured image”
- Shows which posts use a media item as inserted image or link
- Provides many more listing columns (more than 15) to choose
- Provides additional view filters for mime types and taxonomies
- Allows you to edit the attachment author, the name/slug and to “unattach” items
- Displays more attachment information such as parent information, file URL and image metadata
- Inline “Bulk Edit” ; update author or parent, add, remove, replace taxonomy terms for several attachments at once.
- Complete support for ALL taxonomies, including the standard Categories and Tags, custom taxonomies and the Assistant’s pre-defined Att. Categories and Att. Tags. You can add taxonomy columns to the Assistant listing, filter on any taxonomy, assign terms and list the attachments for a term.
Given screenshot shows Media Library Assistant submenu showing available columns, including “Featured in”, “Inserted in”, “Att. Categories” and “Att. Tags”; and also Quick Edit area. View more screenshots here.
Installation And Usage
- Install and activate this plugin
- Visit settings page to customize category-tag support
- Visit the “Assistant” submenu in the Media admin section
- For customizing the display click the Screen Options link
- Use enhanced Edit page for assigning the categories and tags