WordPress plugin repo. has new handy plugin for the bloggers and webmasters who need managing a lot of media files. With this new plugin you can create unlimited amount of media taxonomies (just like categories and tags), manage your custom media taxonomies in a better way, easily filter media files in Media Library by your custom taxonomies, create new media file types (MIME types) and more.
Enhanced Media Library
First install and activate this new WordPress plugin. Upon activation the plugin adds a new menu ‘Media Settings’ in WordPress admin area.
How to create, edit and assign new media taxonomies?
Visit Dashboard -> Media Settings -> Taxonomies page and here you can quickly create new MEDIA TAXONOMIES and then assign those taxonomies to you Media Library. You can edit any taxonomy anytime after creation by clicking the small ‘Edit’ button.
How to assign non-taxonomy terms to media?
Other than this, the plugin also allows you to assign non-media taxonomies (Yes categories & tags) also to your Media Library, you may edit them and enable them to get filtered in media library and media uploader page.
Main Features of Enhanced Media Library:
- create unlimited amount of media taxonomies (like categories and tags),
- be in total control of your custom taxonomies’ parameters via admin,
- edit and delete your custom media taxonomies,
- assign existed taxonomies to the Media Library (for example, you can use post categories as a taxonomy for your media files),
- unassign any media taxonomy from the Media Library via admin,
- immediately set taxonomy term to any media file during upload via Media Uploader,
- filter media files in Media Library by your custom taxonomies, and choose which taxonomies you are willing to use for that filter,
- filter media files in Media Uploader by your custom taxonomies, and choose which taxonomies you are willing to use for that filter,
- have you attachment post type’s archive page (front-end) working by default,
- create new MIME types (media file types),
- delete any MIME type,
- allow/disallow uploading for any MIME type,
- filter media files by MIME types in Media Library / Media Uploader (for example, PDFs, Documents, V-Cards, etc)
- be in total control of the names of your MIME type filters