In this lesson you will learn about the process of fixing certain widgets on your sidebar to keep them visible when content section is scrolled.
It works great for sticking advertisements and keeping them visible when page is scrolled down by visitors on your WordPress site. This not only increases your revenue but gives you a more beautiful and symmetrical view to website.
Q2W3 Fixed Widget (Sticky Widget) is an awesome WordPress plugin that allows you to stick any widget in a click of a button. See it live working here.
Start by installing ‘Q2W3 Fixed Widget (Sticky Widget)’ plugin in WordPress
Upon activation visit your admin area dashboard Appearance -> Widgets screen and follow the steps:
- Drag widget to a sidebar widget area
- You will be noticing a new check box option to fix place of the widget
- Simply tick that option and save your widget
That’s it. The plugin will now stick your widget to sidebar widget area.
You can stick multiple widgets but make sure..
To stick only bottom widgets or whole sidebar because when you only fix top widgets, other widgets will come over the top widgets on scrolling.
The plugin also provides you an options page on your admin area dashboard Appearance -> Fixed Widget Options screen.
Here you can:
- Enable plugin for logged-in users or activate it for all visitors
- If you have a responsive sidebar, you can inherit widget width from the parent container
Other options allow you set-top margin, bottom margin, refresh interval time and screen maximum width, auto fix widget ID, add custom HTML IDs etc.