Few days ago we discussed about removing the category base from permalinks of your WordPress blog posts. Now this tutorial explains you how you can remove tag base from permalinks your blog posts.
Install and activate WP-No-Tag-Base plugin in your WordPress site. The plugin completely remove mandatory ‘Tag Base’ from WordPress tag permalinks structure (e.g. `/tag/my-tag/` to `/my-tag/`). The plugin doesn’t even requires any setup or modification of core WordPress files, it starts its work without breaking up any links. It automatically redirects your old tag links to new ones.
Some of its Important Features are:
- Compatible with sitemap plugins.
- Short and logical permalink structures.
- Works out of the box – no setup needed.
- Doesn’t require any other plugins to work.
- Simple plugin – barely adds any overhead.
- No modification needed for WordPress files.
- Redirects old tag permalinks to the new ones (301 redirect, good for SEO).