You might have seen some sites displaying 125*125 static banner ads. WordPress repository has a plugin that provides you feature to create these banner ads easily. They can be run on specified number of days, and will automatically be taken down. It track clicks too.
Installation & Usage:
- Install and activate WP125 plugin in your WordPress site.
- Use the included “WP125: Ads” widget
- You may also place the
<?php wp125_write_ads(); ?>template tag where you wish your ads to appear.
- Visit Dashboard -> new “Ads” section, where you can tweak settings, such as the maximum number of ads to be shown at once (the default is 6), and how they should be displayed.
Features you get in WP125 Plugin:
- One or two column ad display
- Keep track of how many times an ad is clicked
- Show as many ads as you want, and in either manual or random order
- Support through template tags to implement your own unconventional design.
- No need to calculate the end date while creating new add, all you need is input how many days you wish the ad to run for, and the correct date will be applied automatically.
- The ad will be automatically taken down when the time comes.
- When an ad run is over, the record is archived on the Inactive ads screen, so you can check on the final click count, or revive the ad for another run.
- When an ad slot is empty, a placeholder ad of your choice gets displayed. For example: It could be a “Your Ad Here” image linking to a page with statistics and pricing etc.
- Optionally you can receive email notifications when an ad expires.