You can easily create a horizontal responsive widget area, add widgets to it and display them in main column (page, post, theme template files etc) of your WordPress site. The column is fully responsive and it automatically adjusts itself in all screen sizes.
Responsive Column Widgets lets you do this in a very easy way. Simply install and activate it. The plugin is highly customizable and provides you many options and features you can set from Dashboard -> Appearance -> Responsive Column Widgets page.
Now visit Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets page and drag widgets to new added widget area called Responsive Column Widgets. After adding widgets you can display them via shortcode or PHP code given there on the admin page.
- Displays widgets in columns – the main feature of this plugin. It displays widgets horizontally with a grid system.
- Responsive Design – when the browser width changes, it automatically adjusts the layout. This is for tablet and mobile visitors.
- Set Number of Columns per Row – flexibly set the number of columns in each row.
- Set Number of Columns per Browser Width – flexibly set the number of columns by browser width.
- Up to 12 columns – for example, if you have 24 registered widgets, you can place them in two rows consisting of 12 items across horizontally in each row.
- Works in Posts/Pages – with the shortcode, you can embed the responsive widgets in post and pages.
- PHP code and Shortcode – use them to display the widgets in theme template or in posts/pages.
- Default Sidebars Integration – The sidebars defined by your theme also can be displayed in columns.
- Auto Insert – The widget box can be embedded automatically without the shortcode.
- Sidebar Encapsulation – This is widgets in widget functionality. With the widget that the plugin provides, the whole sidebar contents can be embedded as a widget item into another sidebar.
- Column Span – column spans are configurable so that you can set wider widget areas.
- Cache – the output can be cached and the cache lifetime is configurable.
- Custom Array – if you can code PHP, you can pass an array to the plugin’s filter so that your array contents can be rendered in multiple columns instead of widgets.
- and there are more.