This tutorial lists some very useful WordPress tools that every website owner needs atleast once in his website’s lifetime. Sometimes when you change the thumbnail dimensions, a regenerate of thumbnails is needed, sometimes you need resetting your database, testing themes or monitoring broken links or generating a special XML sitemap.
Regenerate Thumbnails enables you to regenerate all post thumbnails for your image attachments. An easy plugin which helps in in times when you’ve changed any of your thumbnail dimensions from Dashboard -> Settings -> Media after previously uploading images with different featured post image dimensions. The plugin enables you to either regenerate the thumbnails for all uploaded image files or individual image uploads or for specific multiple image uploads.
As clear from its name, the plugin checks your posts, comments and all other content for broken links and missing images and then notify you if any are found.
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.
A featured WordPress plugin which provides you a simple and easy way to test your theme for all the latest WordPress standards and practices. A great theme development tool!
Resets the WordPress database back to it’s defaults. Deletes all customizations and content. Does not modify files only resets the database.
Generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap. Make things much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your website and retrieve things more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.