Responsive Category Slider is the new WordPress plugin designed to slide category content in a responsive layout. The plugin is a combo of slider and content tab. It is a simple, ease to use and convenient plugin that lets you display your existing content more effectively in your website.
You can easily set it up working in minutes. See it live working here.
Start by installing and activating Responsive Category Slider in WordPress
Upon activation the plugin adds a new admin menu ‘Category Slider’. Visit its options page and you will be able to customize its display settings like:
- Background: Color, Images and Repeat
- Vertical menu width in pixels
- You can enable border and use a custom color for it
- You can set menu text color, hover color and background hover color
- You can enable or disable thumbnail hover animation
- Select style for special themes
- Set slideshow speed in milliseconds
Displaying The Responsive Category Slider Widget
When you’re done with its customization options. Navigate to your admin area dashboard Appearance -> Widgets page and drag ‘Responsive Content Slider’ widget to a widget area in your sidebar.
Again it provides you a set of options to configure the widget like you can either display all posts or slide posts from a specific category.
Other options include display style, number of posts & columns, you can select menu type to horizontal, vertical or simply hide it. You can enable auto slide, enable slide control navigation and more.
Finally, save the widget and see how it looks like.