You can decide what links, users, and HTTP codes you want to send on what specific pages and set your own redirection rules on WordPress.
This means you can redirect links by HTTP codes, on the basis of whether the user is logged in or logged out, redirect specific URLs or permalink structure, etc, easily with the help of a plugin.
Although, these redirect implementations can also be done via cPanel using the domain redirect rules or by using the .htaccess file present in the root directory of your website. But to make things easier for newbie users, the Redirect Redirection plugin is programmed with an easy interface to do the same from the admin panel of your website. Its simplified functions are made available to help users that are not familiar with coding and defining redirects via the technical interface of the server.
The main features of the plugin include:
- Options to redirect any HTTP code that can be 301, 302, 303, 304, 307 and 308
- Options for defining the inclusion and exclusion rules for the logged in & out users, specific user role, user’s referrer link, user’s agent, user’s cookie, user’s IP, server, and also the language
- Several options to set redirection rules that include simple as well as advanced RegEx matches. The URLs that contain specific string to new or removed string, URLs that start with something, specific permalink structures, and soon 404s redirects would also be available. Apart from this, the setting redirection rules with several matching conditions is also possible with this plugin
- Options to manage all redirects comfortably by enabling or disabling links, modifying or deleting the redirects neatly listed on the admin page
- You can set automatic redirects, change URL, and also import or export redirection lists, these features are under development and would be availble soon to you
How to set it to work on your website?
To start you will need to install-activate the new WordPress plugin called Redirect Redirection. Once activated visit its admin page on your dashboard and select the option to add your own redirect rule.
You will see that there are several options to let you set your own link redirect condition. You can define as many rules you want and also you can keep a backup of that, the plugin offers you the option to import and export the URL redirection rules you have created on your WordPress website.