Sometimes you don’t have featured image to show in your post, sometimes you forget adding thumbnail. By using Default Thumbnail Plus plugin you can automatically display a default post thumbnail in posts having no thumbnail. You can either use first image attached to a post or you can set default images for specific categories, tags, or custom taxonomies. It also supports custom fields for easy upgrading.
Other Features Include:
- Use image attachment if available – Automatically use the post’s first available image attachment for the thumbnail. This is useful for older posts that haven’t got a featured image set.
- Use embedded image if available – Automatically use the post’s first available embedded image for the thumbnail. This is useful if you embed external images.
- Use embedded video thumbnail if available – Automatically use the post’s first available embedded video for the thumbnail (YouTube only).
- Also you can add custom fields, you can easily exclude certain posts from showing default thumbnails
Advanced Options include:
- Cache and resize external images – Automatically resize, crop and cache external images & video thumbnails. Recommended option, however doesn’t work with some server configurations.
- Filter post_thumbnail_html and Filter get_post_metadata – Enable or disable plugin hooks. For developers only, see documentation for how to invoke the plugin manually when hooks are disabled.