Smart Posts Widget is a WordPress plugin that allows you to display WordPress posts in various orders, filters and styles. It can show Recent post, Random posts, Category wise posts, Tag wise posts, lets you display thumbnails and customize their size, you can add before after widget text, use in line CSS, custom post sorting and much more with is one widget.
An overview of its features:
- Compatible with Page Builder
- Filter by tags
- Filter by categories
- Custom Post type support
- Set how many posts to show.
- Filter by sticky posts
- Option to change ordering of posts.
- Select number of posts to display
- Option to show post thumbnail & set dimension by width and height.
- Display title
- Option to show created post date.
- Option to show updated post date.
- Set which category posts
- Display post author and link
- Change excerpt length (in words)
- Display post comment count
- Display excerpt or full content
- Option to make the widget title link to category or tag page.
- Add text or HTML before and after posts list
- Multiple widgets
- Add custom CSS to widget
- Order by post comments
- Order by random posts
- Order by created date
- Order by post title
Start by installing and activating Smart Posts Widget in WordPress
Upon activation visit your admin area dashboard Appearance -> Widgets page and drag ‘Smart Posts’ widget to your sidebar widget area.
As soon the widget is placed, its shows you a group of options to select from. Simply select your options to configure the widget and click the ‘Save’ button. That’s it.