Generally WordPress website owners use CAPTCHA plugins for protecting their site from Spam Bots. This tutorial explains you working of a free WordPress plugin you can use for protecting your WordPress installation from Spam Bots without installing any type of captcha plugin. Keypic.Com is an online service that provides you with free plugins now only for WordPress but for other Opensource blogging platforms like Drupal and next month (as scheduled) they would be launching plugins for Joomla, php. More plugins would be available in the near future for MediaWiki, Typo3, vBulletin. For more information on plugins visit here.
WordPress Site Owners
If you are a WordPress blogger, you can download its free plugin from WordPress Plugin Repository. Install and activate NO CAPTCHA Anti Spam. It checks your comments against the Keypic Web Service to see if they look like spam or not. You can check its live demo here and screenshots here. You can use it with WordPress Comment Form, Login Form, Registration Form, Lost Password Form etc.
Major Plugin Features Include:
- Check of your FormID in Keypic Configuration
- Contact Form 7 extension is included in keypic
- It is possible activate single forms independently
- It is no more needed to be registered, Keypic function also without registration, but with some limitations.
- If your web host is unable to reach Keypic’s servers, the plugin will automatically retry until the connection is back.
- In the same way is possible users status history, so you can easily see which users were caught or cleared by Keypic.
- Only if you are registered is available the comment status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Keypic, and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator