Displaying featured/sticky posts on homepage is very easy. You can make a post sticky right from the ‘All Posts’ page using the Quick Edit option but the functionality is limited for home page only which means by default you cannot feature any posts on category pages or in other words you cannot make sticky posts for categories (by default). Now this tutorial is on an awesome plugin called Category Sticky Post, the plugin simply allows you to mark any post to be placed at the top of specified category archive page. The plugin extends sticky posts functionality for categories.
How To Feature Posts For Category Archive Pages?
Install and activate Category Sticky Post plugin. After activation, you will see a new meta box ‘Category Sticky’ added in add new & edit post screens. So just select the category where like to feature that post and save the changes. But remember, each category can have only one sticky post and also each post can be marked sticky only for one category.
- Allows you to select which category in which to stick a post
- Will display the post on the top of the first page of the archive just like built-in sticky posts
- Will only allow you to stick a single post per category
- Displays whether or not a post is stuck in a category on the Post Edit dashboard
- Provides light styling that should look good in most themes
- Is available on each post editor page
- Is fully localized and ready for translation