podPress enables a lot of features specially designed to transform WordPress the ideal platform for hosting a podcast.OR if ypu like doing things more professionally you can use our special service for easily creating and hosting a beautiful Podcast website which provides you blog and podcast in one, you can learn more about its options and features here.
How To Use podPress Plugin?
Install and activate podPress then configure the Feed/iTunes Settings and add eventually one of the podPress widgets to one of the sidebars (OR If you are using a WP version that is older than WP 2.5 and you want to add a link to itunes on your website then set the FeedID in the podPress options page, and then add this code in your template
<?php podPress_iTunesLink(); ?>)
What Actually Podcast Means?
A podcast or netcast means a digital medium which consists of an episodic series of audio, video, PDF, or ePub files subscribed to and downloaded through web syndication or streamed online to a computer or mobile device. The word has been derived from “broadcast” and “pod” came from the success of Apple iPod, as audio podcasts are often listened to on portable media players. You can know more about Podcast here.
- Full featured and automatic feed generation (RSS2, iTunes and ATOM and XSPF playlist)
- Podcast Download stats, with graphs.
- View MP3 files ID3 tags when your Posting
- Control over where the player will display within your post and what it will look like.
- Support for various formats, including Video Podcasting
- Supports unlimited number of media files.
- Automatic Media player for MP3, OGG, OGV, MP4, M4A, M4V, MOV, QT, FLV, ASF, WMA, WMV, AVI, RM, and more, with inline and Popup Window support.
- Supports also PDF and EPUB files
- Preview image for videos
- Support for seperate Category podcasts
- Support for Premium Content (Pay Only)