BuddyPress core developers launched new plugin ‘Commons In A Box (beta version)’. It is a pack of popular BuddyPress plugins that most of the BuddyPress users install after installing BuddyPress and also one brand new BuddyPress theme. So now you can have them easily by installing this plugin.
Installation & Usage:
Install and activate it. Soon “Click here to finish up ! ” message appears on your Dashboard screen. Click it, you will be redirected to CBOX options page. Check the plugins you want to activate and click Update button. Currently it provides you following BuddyPress plugins, since its a beta version so you would be getting more in future:
- Docs – Allows your members to collaborate on wiki-style Docs.
- Wiki – A sitewide wiki, powered by BuddyPress Docs
- Group Email Subscription – Allows your community members to receive email notifications of activity within their groups.
- Invite Anyone – An enhanced interface for inviting existing community members to groups, as well as a powerful tool for sending invitations, via email, to potential members.
- Custom Profile Filters – Let your members specify what profile content they’d like to become search links, by wrapping the content in brackets.
- bbPress Forums – Sitewide and group-specific discussion forums.
- Featured Content Widget – Provides a widget that allows you to select among five different content types to feature in a widget area.
CBOX Theme: It also comes with a new BuddyPress theme that it totally different from default theme of BuddyPress and it is highly customizable.
If you like installing CBOX theme then visit Dashboard -> Commons in a Box -> Dashboard and click Install CBOX theme. After installation it gets automatically activated and provides you various cool editing features you can easily control from Dashboard -> Appearance -> CBOX Theme Options Page. For support forums and robust documentation visit CBOX Project Page.