You might have observed in Wikipedia and other Mediawiki based websites; they provides you jQuery based category listings, you can browse the sub categories simply by clicking the plus(+) button which expands the category list. This article is on a simple WordPress widget plugin that provides you a jQuery based category listing widget.
jQuery Categories List Widget is a simple WordPress plugin that provides a widget and with a filter to display a collapsible list of categories in your website’s widget area or inside posts by using its shortcode.
- Display a collapsed list of your categories to reduce space.
- It uses jQuery for effects and to make them work with most browsers.
- Select the symbol for expanding/collapsing categories
- Select categories to exclude, so it shows only the categories you want.
- Autoexpand selected category (including it parent or child).
- Support for multiple instances.
- Simple layout configuration
- Shortcode support [jQuery Categories List] and there are more to come in future updates