If you are looking for some plugin to create a location based business directory such as YellowPages etc on your WordPress website installation then GeoDirectory – Ultimate Business Directory is right option for you.
GeoDirectory – Ultimate Business Directory is a free WordPress plugin with several premium extensions that enables you to create good location based business directories like Yelp, Tripadvisor or Yellow pages in WordPress.
It simply transforms your website into an interactive business directory, now also works on WordPress multisite networks:
- GeoDirectory allows you to create a local directory based on a single location such like a street, a neighborhood, a city or a greater area (multi-locations addon available).
- Provides a front end form that lets you edit through a drag and drop form builder, which allows visitors to submit their listings autonomously.
- 12 widgets and 12 widget areas.
- 2 different Google Maps widgets with ajax loading custom markers for as many categories as you wish.
- Features a built in user reviews system, send to friend and business enquiry forms.
- The default search widget allows you to also search by zip code or location name. Listings can be filtered by proximity, rating, reviews or date.
- Optimized database structure allows for hundreds of thousands of businesses to be listed.
- GeoDirectory is 100% WPML compatible for multilanguage directories.
- GeoDirectory is multisite compatible.
- Theme Compatibility admin page to make it easier to set GD to properly work with any theme.
- Set of Shortcodes available.
- Yelp Like Best of Widget.
- CSV bulk lisiting Import/Export/re-Import and update!
- Improved Google Analytics widget for listings owners.
Start by installing ‘GeoDirectory – Ultimate Business Directory’ plugin in WordPress
Upon activation, the plugin adds two new menus: Geodirectory & Place on your left side admin menu.
Here ‘Geodiectory’ menu allows you to customize this plugin settings and use shortcodes etc whereas ‘Places’ menu works like a custom post type where you add new places, managed them, define place tags & categories etc. For more details head over to its basic installation guide.