Earlier we have discussed about Top 5 Web Services To Find Free, Creative Commons & Public Domain Images which your can use for commercial purposes, in your website etc. For WordPress users we have posted a tutorial on inserting free and creative commons images from Flickr to WordPress posts and pages etc. In this tutorial we are sharing a list of three good tested free WordPress plugins that enables you to search and insert public domain images directly from ‘Add Media’ button present just above the visual editor in ADD NEW/EDIT content pages.
Pixabay Images is a free WordPress plugin that enables you to pick free, creative commons and other public domain images from Pixabay to insert them in your website content. All images are safe to use, and paying attribution or linking back to the source is not required. It main features are:
- You can easily search Pixabay’s public domain pictures via “Add Media” button inside the editor.
- You can filter search results by image type (clipart, photo) and/or orientation (landscape, portrait).
- You can preview images in paginated search results.
- Enables direct image uploads to WordPress’ media library.
- Use of standard media dialogues for editing and inserting images.
The plugin allows you to quickly find the perfect Creative Commons licensed photo every time you need it. It provides you features to add creative common inside your posts and pages with the proper attribution every time in just one click.
A WordPress plugin that lets you grab free Creative Commons licensed images from Flickr into your WordPress site. It provides you various useful options like you can choose an image size auto include license link in the caption area and more. You can use the images from Flickr anywhere in your site.
- Search photos from Flickr with creative commons license by tag (since version 1.2 you can search by any type of license)
- Preview image results.
- Define the order of the search results.
- Automatically add image caption that links back to the original flickr owner.
- Lets you use the standard features provided by WordPress for image editing: Image alignment, Cropping, Rotating, Flipping, Resizing.