Facebook Stream is the new WordPress plugin that allows you to show your Facebook timeline on a page in your WordPress site. It allows you to embed Facebook timeline using a responsive layout in WordPress.
It allows you to generate the shortcode for displaying your Facebook page or group timeline, you can use the shortcode inside your post, page or anyother custom post type and the plugin will embed the timeline feed in Pinterest style i.e. responsive post boxes.
Start by installing ‘Facebook Stream’ plugin in WordPress
Upon activation, visit your admin area dashboard and click ‘Facebook Stream’ link from left side admin menu.
You will be needing to create a Facebook App first in-order to use this plugin. After the app is created, enter app ID, secret code, your Facebook page ID and save your changes.
Now you are ready to generate the shortcode. It allows you to:
- Choose Facebook group or page directly from configuration, or define it in shortcode
- Set the number of posts you want to show
- Set number of columns
- Show/Hide posts without any media file (video or image)
- Support for different visual themes (currently the plugin provides you black theme and white theme)
- Define margin and padding directly from shortcode
- Effective caching, and very fast page load
Once the shortcode is generated, simply copy and paste it on the page where you want to display your Facebook timeline.