This is the most common error type experienced sometimes when you try to access your hosting’s cPanel.
Such issues appear when your local IP address is dynamic, in order to avoid such future issues, you would need to contact your ISP and ask them to provide you with static IP address.
The immediate fix is to clear your browser cache by following these steps –
- Tap the Menu button -> Settings -> Privacy and Security
- Tap Empty cache
- From the menu bar go to Edit -> Empty Cache
- Click on the Empty button
- Click on the icon with three dashes in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings
- From the left side, menu choose History
- Click the Clear Browsing Data button
- From the list with checkboxes place a tick on Empty the cache box and click the Clear Browsing Data button
- Click to orange Firefox button in the top left corner of the browser window
- From the drop-down menu select Options -> Options
- Click on the Advanced icon
- Choose Network tab and in the Cached Web Content section click on the Clear Now button
- Click on the Gear icon in the top-right corner of your browser
- From the drop-down menu choose Safety -> Delete browsing data
- Place a tick in the Temporary Internet files and website files
- Checkbox and click on the Delete button
- Click the Opera button on the upper-left corner of your browser
- From the drop-down menu choose Settings->Delete Private Data
- Place a tick in the Delete Entire Cache checkbox and click the Delete button