In this lesson you will learn about activating a new one touch button to simplify WordPress admin area dashboard by hiding menus and other distracting objects causing hindrances in work flow.
Earlier we have discussed about redesigning admin area for clients and user roles. We have also discussed about using distraction free writing mode in WordPress.
Now today, this lesson is about a new WordPress plugin, ‘EM Dashboard‘ that provide one click easy mode to simplify WordPress admin area interface.
Easy admin interface can be switched anytime by any WordPress user and all distracting items are automatically removed.
- It loads a completely new admin theme
- Enables you to force Easy Mode setting
- Clean up your dashboard with a single button
- You can enable or disable the Easy Mode button
- Allows you to remove the Color Scheme selection
- Allows you to set default Color Scheme for new users
- Allows you to set the default Easy Mode setting for new users
- More coming soon options for customize menu and metaboxes etc
Start by installing ‘EM Dashboard’ plugin in WordPress
Upon activation, the plugin adds ‘Easy Mode’ switch on left side admin menu.
One click and all less-useful items will be removed. Another click switches you back to default mode.
The plugin also allows you to select what to show and what not on easy mode. You can set these options by visiting admin area dashboard Settings -> EM Dashboard page, as shown in the given screenshot.