Turn Off the Lights is an amazing chrome app, works both on Google Chrome & Chrome OS. This app increases automatic focus on video you are watching and gives you better experience by turning off the screen lights i.e. it darkens all screen areas excluding video thus provides you better video watching experience in just one click. Clicking again returns the page to normal.
Some of the useful features of this chrome app are:
- ✓ Turn the lights back on, by clicking on it
- ✓ Support multiple video sites: YouTube™, HTML5 video,… and more
- ✓ Support multiple image sites: Picasa,… and more
- ✓ Easter Eggs: Shortcut key: T -> Do you like a real movie theater?
- ✓ Option to make the screen dark if the user click on the play button
- ✓ Option to turn on/off the fade in and fade out effects
- ✓ Custom colors
- ✓ Option Flash Detection
- ✓ Option Show Dimness Level Bar and there are even more…
How Actually It Works?
You click the extension and it fades to dark then another click brings the page back.