WordPress is Free, Opensource and Priceless software from Automattic used for creating website, blog or something like that. You can download WordPress from www.wordpress.org for free.
But you know how Automattic makes money as it gives everything for free. No, it don’t give everything for free but yes most of its applications and the core software WordPress is absolute free for you.
Now lets see how WordPress makes money:-
WordPress provides VIP Hosting for major brands like Time Magazine, NewYork Times, CNN, Boing Boing and also TechCrunch etc. To know more brands hosted on WordPress VIP Hosting CLICK HERE
WordPress offers you two types of VIP hosting:-
Akismet is an automated spam killer used by millions of blogs. Using this you don’t need to spend long time on deleting spam. WordPress makes money through Akismet as it offers different plans to bloggers for use Akismet.
For using Akismet you have to signup by choosing one of the following plans to get an API key:
- Enterprise: Costs $50/month. Here you get multiple site access. It is good for companies having low web traffic.
- Pro: Costs $5/month. It gives single site access. Good for small non-personal sites and blogs.
- Personal: Costs $0 to $120/year. Good for non-business personal blogs.
- High Volume: Companies with or over 100k calls per month pays per call. Costs $100/month minute.
These are the optional priced per year upgrades offered by WordPress:
- Be the master of your domain: Costs: $13.00 – $25.00/year. For controlling your online identity you may add your own domain name. Like www.example.com instead of www.example.wordpress.com This feature can be added to you existing WordPress blog.
- Extra Storage: Costs $20.00 – $290.00/year. This is used by the bloggers whose content is running out of space.
- Custom Design: Costs $30.00/year. Bloggers use this to customize blog’s fonts with a point-and-click interface. No coding required.
- VideoPress: Costs: $60.00/year. Uploads your videos, get them converted into different formats including HD etc. Including many more features.
- Go Ad-Free: Costs $30.00/year. Time to Time WordPress displays Ads on your blog for logged out users. You may turn off the Ads by using this feature.
- Guided Transfer: Costs $129.00 . This feature is used for transferring a WordPress site.
- Premium Themes: You may upgrade to premium WP Themes for adding more options to site customization. Pricing for each theme is displayed under the theme on your dashboard.
This is what most of us use to make money online by putting Google Adsense on our web content. This is a free program by Google that empowers online publishers to earn revenue by displaying some Ads on their content. As I had already told you that time to time WordPress displays Ads on your blog for logged out users, this is what Google Adsense.
If support forums aren’t enough to solve your problem then you may switch to support networks.
This is WordPress’s security, backup and support. It backup you blog automatically without any security flaw.
Plans and Pricing follows:
- Basic: Costs $15/Month per site. Gives realtime backup and automatic restore during disaster.
- Premium: Costs $40/Month per site. Gives back-up restore and continuous security scan.
- Enterprise: Costs $350/Month per site. Gives solutions for large scale WordPress Installations.
This is Online Survey Software with both free and paid plans as follows:
- Free: This is absolute free for ever not a trial or something like that.
- Professional: Costs $200/Year.
- Corporate: Costs $899/Year