Monitor your WordPress file system for changes, addition and deletion of files. When a file change occurs, you are automatically notified via email. This way you keep your website safe from malware injections and online threats.
WordPress File Monitor is simply programmed to monitor all files of your WordPress installation for changes.
Start by installing ‘WordPress File Monitor’ plugin in your WordPress website
Upon activation, visit your admin area dashboard Settings -> WordPress File Monitor page and select your options.
Although the plugin hasn’t been updated for newer versions of WordPress but it works the way it should, without causing any run time errors or load on your website.
The plugin allows you to automatically:
- Monitors file system for added/deleted/changed files
- Sends email when a change is detected
- Multiple email formats for alerts
- Administration area alert to notify you of changes in case email is not received
- Ability to monitor files for changes based on file hash or timestamp
- Ability to exclude directories from scan (for instance if you use a cacheing system that stores its files within the monitored zone)
- Site URL included in notification email in case plugin is in use on multiple sites
From the admin settings page, you may also run a manual scan of your website to check files for any changes. You can exclude paths for uploads and cache etc, set email address for alerts, enable dashboard notifications, set scan interval time and more.