Hangouts is the most popular and best feature you get in Google Plus. You can easily a plan a hangout event with yourwebsite visitors using Google Plus, in this tutorial we are discussing about a free WordPress plugin you can use for letting your website visitors know about the hangout you have planned.
Install and activate Yakadanda Google+ Hangout Events, it is a customizable WordPress widget plugin which generates linked Google+ Hangout Event notifications using Google Calendar with a nifty Countdown Clock to each event. After activation visit Dashboard -> Settings -> Google+ Hangout Events and make customizations, it lets you edit colors of hangout title, date, detail, event background, countdown, countdown background.
After setting up the required options and making your customization visit Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets and drop Google+ Hangout Widget to your sidebar or any other widget area. For using this widget you will need Google API Key, if you don’t know how to get Google API or if its your first time then read this tutorial.
- Display Regular Google+ Events in Posts or Pages via Widgets
- Display Google+ Hangouts Events in Posts or Pages via Widgets
- Display Regular Google+ Events in Posts or Pages via short-code
- Display Google+ Hangouts Events in Posts or Pages via short-code
- Choose colors, fonts, size, and style for the widget (Google Fonts Included)
- Links Directly to Hangout Event on Google+
- *New Display Single Events (See FAQ)