Relevanssi, free WordPress plugin replaces default WordPress internal blog search with a partial-match search for sorting search results by their relevance. It is powerful enough to indexes comments and shortcode content altogether.
Using Relevanssi plugin you can easily replace default WordPress search with a better search engine. It provides you a lot more features with various customization options. It offers better search results and better presentation for your website visitors. It comes both in free and premium versions.
Basic Search Features:
- Search results are sorted by relevance, not date.
- Search comments, tags, categories and custom fields etc.
- Highlights search terms in documents when user clicks through search results.
- Fuzzy matching: find matching partial words when combination of words does’t match.
- Create custom excerpts that show where the hit was made, with the search terms highlighted.
- You can search for the phrases with quotes like you do in Google. For example “WordPress Plugins”.
- Find documents matching either just one search term (OR query) or require all words to appear (AND query).
Advanced Search Features:[list style=”check”]
- It can index contents of shortcodes.
- You can adjust weight for titles, tags and comments.
- Allows you to restrict searches to categories and tags.
- Provides Google like “Did you mean?” search suggestions.
- It can index custom post types and also custom taxonomies.
- Search result throttling to improve performance on large databases.
- Advanced filtering helps you hacking search results in the way you want.
- Disable indexing of post content and post titles using a simple filter hook.
- Provides queries log, you can show most popular or recent search queries.
- Automatic support for WPML multi-language plugin and s2member membership plugin.
You can download free version of Relevanssi from WordPress Plugins Repository. For Relevanssi’s Premium version visit Relevanssi.com. Using its premium version you can improve spelling correction in “Did you mean?” suggestions, its premium version supports Multisite install and allows you to search and index user profiles, taxonomy term pages like categories, tags and custom taxonomies. Also you can search and index arbitrary columns in wp_posts MySQL table, you can sssign weights to any post types and taxonomies, you can assign extra weight to new posts and allow you users to choose from AND and OR searches, use + and – operator (AND and NOT). It can highlight search terms for visitors from external search engines and provides export and import options.