You can easily convert your WordPress site to a site that allows unknown visitors to submit their news like YC Hacker News.
Many blogs out there can only produce a couple articles a week while their visitors ask for loads more. It sometimes is a good idea to add related articles from other blogs to your sidebar. Adding them manually takes lots of time we don’t have. With this Community News plugin you allow your visitors to add to your blog. Complete with moderation panel and a settings page, you can sit back while you have full control about the look and articles that being posted.
FV Community News plugin gives visitors of your site the ability to submit their news to you, and list it in a nice news feed. Follow these 2 steps:
Install and activate the plugin (WP-admin > Plugins > FV Community News). A new Community News tab appears in the admin section (dashboard) of your WordPress site.
It provides both widgets and shortcodes.
You may create a new page and add the shortcode
[fvcn-post-form]for displaying the form to submit a post.
[fvcn-post-form]: Displays the form to submit a post.
[fvcn-tag-cloud]: Displays a tag cloud of community post tags.
[fvcn-recent-posts]: Displays a list of the most recent approved posts.
- AJAX form handling.
- Multi-language support.
- Customisable post form.
- Akismet spam protection.
- Moderation page, with the ability to modify posts.
- Settings page, including moderation and mail notification options.
- Shortcodes to add a list of recent posts, the post form or a tag cloud to a page.
- Custom post type, with featured images (thumbnails) and tags support.
- Widget support, with three different widgets to display posts, the post form or a tag cloud.
- Seamless integration with your current theme (knowledge of WordPress theming required).