- Open the products page
- Select your server and click manage
- On your WHM home page i.e. the main page of your server
- Navigate to Add a New IP Address under IP Functions of the side menu
- Enter the new IP address and a subnet mask
- Click Submit to finish
- In step number five, if you don’t know which subnet mask is to be entered, just contact the online support team
- In step number six, in case you make a mistake, you can delete the new address in the Show or Delete Current IP Addresses option
As you click the Submit button, the new IP address gets added. Now you can associate it with your cPanel hosting or other domain accounts on your server.
To change an existing site’s IP address to the new one you will need to follow these steps:
- Open the List Accounts page from the Account Information menu
- Select the domain account you want to change
- Click the “+” next to the domain name
- Click the Change IP Address button
- Select the IP you just added
That’s it. Once you have changed your website’s IP, the site will not be available to the old IP address, and it should also appear offline to the new IP address for sometime.