Managed WordPress offers you the easiest way to change your domain name or attach multiple domains on your website without worrying about the DNS settings.
If you have your domain name registered with SANGKRIT.net and you have a Managed WordPress or WordPress Ecommerce website, then all DNS changes will automatically take effect for your website.
- Log in to your SANGKRIT.net account
- Visit your products page and navigate to WordPress
- On the menu bar, select ‘Settings’
- In the ‘Domains’ section, select ‘Attach Domain’ option
- Using the ‘Choose a domain’ pull-down menu, select a domain from this account or you may also select ‘Add an external domain or subdomain’ to use a domain registered in another account or a subdomain will also work
- Your new domain name is attached
- Now, if you want to make it primary then simply go for the option ‘Make this the primary domain for your account’
- Select Attach and now your website will be live on the new domain and yes, your old domain name will also work
In case you don’t want to use a domain on your website then you can remove it. Suppose, after changing to a new primary domain, you can remove the old domain in case you don’t want to use it for your website. Else, you may continue using both. Whatever suits you the best.
Once you make any DNS changes, its propagation may take up to 24-48 hours for the changes to take effect. In most cases, if you have your domain name at SANGKRIT.net, many times it generally starts working in seconds. Still, 48 hours is the deadline.