WordPress default visual editor provides you a minimum set of formatting buttons in visual editor and for advanced formatting of content you have to use HTML editor. You can make formatting easy and fast by adding more formatting options (like options you have in office suites) inside visual editor.
Install and activate Ultimate TinyMCE plugin and set your preferences from Dashboard -> Settings -> Ultimate TinyMCE.
- Graphical Image Mapping make your images more exciting.
- Shortcodes Manager – All shortcodes are available in a handy dropdown box.
- No need to learn the languages of HTML and CSS for creating your pages and posts.
- Create tables from a grahical interface (much like spreadsheet) to display your data.
- Ultimate Tinymce adds more than 30 new buttons and features WordPress visual editor.
- Easily manipulate fonts, font sizes, colors, styles, and css using a graphical user interface.
- Insert YouTube videos simply by copying and pasting the share url as you do in oEmbed.
- Use shortcodes for inserting column breaks. Any content area can be breaked up to six separate columns.