Today Automattic launched its own Liveblog plugin for WordPress. It allows quick and simple blogging for following fast-paced events.
Your readers want your updates as quickly as possible, and we think we provide the easiest and the most flexible publishing environment to make that happen. Sometimes though, that’s just not enough.
When you’re covering a fast-paced event — the latest Apple unveiling, an F1 Grand Prix, or the Super Bowl — a full blog post for each individual update is a poor experience for your authors and your audience.
The WordPress.com VIP Liveblog Add-On was purpose-built to address these issues specifically.
If you’d like to check out the code and contribute, join us on github, pull requests are more than welcome.
- Updates post right from the front-end of your site without moving to you wp-admin Dashboard.
- Your Liveblog readers get new entries instantly and automatically, without needing to refresh their browser.
- Authors can quickly drag-and-drop photos right into the Liveblog area, without navigating to separate browser tabs or windows.
- No need for a separate site dedicated to liveblogging: every post can be a liveblog, even existing ones.
- Install and activate the Liveblog plugin.
- Check the “This post is a liveblog” checkbox on a post edit page to make it a liveblog