WordPress 3.5.2 with second maintenance release (12 bug fixes) is now available. We have checked this new WP update from versions 3.4.2 to 3.5.1 (both on single and multisite installations) and it works fine without creating any error. The update works fine with all featured WordPress plugins like BuddyPress, bbPress, WP Super Cache and other popular plugins like WordPress SEO by Yoast, WP Total Cache. This update resolves seven security issues, and includes some additional security hardening.
The security fixes includes:
- Blocking server-side request forgery attacks, which could potentially enable an attacker to gain access to a site.
- Disallow contributors from improperly publishing posts, reported by Konstantin Kovshenin, or reassigning the post’s authorship, reported by Luke Bryan.
- An update to the SWFUpload external library to fix cross-site scripting vulnerabilities. Reported by mala and Szymon Gruszecki.
- Prevention of a denial of service attack, affecting sites using password-protected posts.
- An update to an external TinyMCE library to fix a cross-site scripting vulnerability. Reported by Wan Ikram.
- Multiple fixes for cross-site scripting. Reported by Andrea Santese and Rodrigo.
- Avoid disclosing a full file path when a upload fails. Reported by Jakub Galczyk