Word Stats is a powerful WordPress plugin that provides you with a suite of word counters, keyword counters and readability analysis features so that you can easily keep track of your content and improve its quality.
Installation & Usage: Install and activate Word Stats plugin. After activation visit your admin area Dashboard and click Word Stats link. The directs you to Word Count Stats page.
The page displays:
- Total word count
- Top 20 keywords
- Number and percentage of posts of each post type.
- Graph showing monthly word counts for each post type.
- The percentage of posts of basic, intermediate and advanced readability level.
- Diagnostics tables, with links to edit the posts that may be too short, too long, too difficult, too simple, lack relevant keywords or abuse certain keywords.
The plugin also adds Word Stats information in your Dashboard’s Right Now Widget:
The plugin also extends info area of post edit form with:
- More accurate word count
- Color coded readability tests
- Total characters, alphanumeric characters, words and sentences
- Characters per word, characters per sentence, words per sentence
- Relevant keywords (you can blacklist common words with regular expressions in settings page: Dashboard -> Settings -> Word Stats)
How To Display Total Word Count Stats Publicly On Your WordPress Site ?
For displaying total word count stats on your website for your visitors simply visit your admin area Dashboard ->Appearance -> Widgets page and drag its widget to your sidebar.
You can also display total word counts for each post type in your dashboard, widget areas and inside your posts with the