Imagine you can make use of an Android App without the need of installation or download. This is nothing new but the same default functionality of world wide web (getting extended to the apps) where you simply need to type in domain and and press ENTER or click URL to fly to your destination.
A Feature Graphic is required in order to get any app featured anywhere within Google Play. The purpose of featured graphic is to show off creative assets and more attract users.
Other than feature graphic, Google Play also asks you to upload promo graphic, banner asset for Android TV, Hi-res icon and app screenshots.
In this lesson, you will learn about a very easy method of creating feature, promo, hi-res, Android TV and other graphics online to upload on Google Play.
The largest ever market is made and controlled by Google so what ? Who actually bothers whether US State Department is working for Google or Google acts like its electronic frontier ? Concurrently android devices are used by more than one billion users worldwide and that makes the largest ever market at Google Play. Continue reading The Largest Ever Market Is Made And Controlled By Google So What ?
Publishing Apps at Google Play is easy but it takes a lot of time for an app to get publicly visible and available for download. Hence publishing or updating apps on Google Play in minutes is actually not possible.
WhoIs is a query & response protocol which queries databases storing the registered users and assignees of some Internet resource like a domain name, an IP address block, or an autonomous system and other information. Content delivered by this protocol comes in a human-readable format. This tutorial is on two simple WhoIs extensions which you can use in your Google Chrome web browser or in your Android machine for checking WhoIs record in a single click.
We have discussed about feedly; a few weeks ago. Google Reader is shutting down and its users are continuously migrating to other feed readers. This way Feedly is quickly getting popular due to its free and powerful features and also because itgets integrated with Google Chrome which is now among the most popular web browsers. In the past 48 hours around more than 500,000 Google Reader users have already joined the feedly community.
PayPal is still among the most popular online payment mechanism and now Android users have an option to use PayPal in their Android devices in a better and easy way. You can enjoy PayPal on the go using your PayPal Android App in your Android device.
Google is developing a positive experience for Google Play. Some are saying that Google is trying to move away from its Wild West image and that is good. From now the content of your app in Google Play must be rated in accordance with our Content Rating Guidelines which means:
All the developers must be labeling their applications in accordance with Google Play ratings system. It has four different levels:
- Low maturity
- Medium maturity
- High maturity
All applications should adhere to the Google Play Developer Content Policy. Now following items in the list must not be added in Google Play by any how –
- No Sexually Explicit Material
- No Violence and Bullying
- No Hate Speech
- No Impersonation or Deceptive Behavior
- No unauthorized publishing of others Personal and Confidential Information
- No infringe on the intellectual property rights of others
- No Illegal Activities
- No Gambling
- No Dangerous Products like transmitting of viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, malware etc.
Applications must not create unpredictable network usage that has an adverse impact on a user’s service charges or an Authorized Carrier’s network.
For Spams in Google Play Store:
- No repetitive content posting.
- No attempt to manipulate search ranking at Google Play Store by misleading keywords in product’s description.
- Product descriptions should not be misleading or loaded with keywords in an attempt to manipulate ranking or relevancy in the Store’s search results.
- No attempt to change the placement of any Product by multiple rating done by any how.
- No submission of apps that are created by some automated tool or service by the operator of that service on behalf of other persons.
- No submission of apps with primary functionality of driving traffic to a particular website.
- No submission of apps with primary functionality of providing a webview of other’s website without permission
- No sending of SMS, email etc on the behalf of the user without permission. You must provide user with the ability to confirm content and intended recipient.
Developer must use Google Play’s payment system for charging for Apps and the developers who are offering additional content, services or functionality within an application downloaded from Google Play must use Google Play’s payment system as the method of payment, except in case payment is primarily for physical goods or services and if payment is for digital content or goods that may be consumed outside of the application itself. View Details
Following is the email message for developers:
Hello Google Play Developer,
We are constantly striving to make Google Play a great community for developers and consumers. This requires us to update our policies when we launch new features, like subscription billing, and also when we see unhealthy behavior, like deceptive app names and spammy notifications. This email is to notify you that we’ve made some changes to our policies which are highlighted below.
– We’ve added clearer details to the payment policy, and guidelines on how we will handle cancellations in our new subscription billing feature
– We are restricting the use of names or icons confusingly similar to existing system apps in order to reduce user confusion
– We are providing more detail on the kinds of dangerous products that are not allowed on Google Play. For example, apps that disclose personal information without authorization are not allowed.
– We are giving more examples of practices that violate the spam policy.
Additionally, we are adding a new section that addresses ad behavior in apps. First, we make it clear that ads in your app must follow the same rules as the app itself. Also, it is important to us that ads don’t negatively affect the experience by deceiving consumers or using disruptive behavior such as obstructing access to apps and interfering with other ads.
Please take a look at the Google Play Developer Program Policy at http://play.google.com/about/developer-content-policy.html to see all the changes and make sure your app complies with our updated policies.
Any new apps or app updates published after this notification will be immediately subject to the latest version of the Program Policy. If you find any existing apps in your catalog that don’t comply, we ask you to fix and republish the application within 30 calendar days of receiving this email. After this period, existing applications discovered to be in violation may be subject to warning or removal from Google Play.
Google Play Team