You can easily make use of Whois database to promote your business, your products by adding your logo, social links and other important details into it. In general, new startups and domainers are not aware of whois listing, some simply hide all details by adding domain privacy and some leave it to show their administrative and technical contact information.
The lesson will explain you how to customize Whois to show more prominent information of your business. You can add a logo, business links, images, business hours, coupons, and even a local map that highlights your branch or office place. This can easily be done using Business Registration.
What Is Business Registration?
Business Registration is an online domain utility to increase traffic and make any website visible on the millions of daily searches at both SANGKRIT.net and other registrars with Business Registration.
You can only add Business Registration to domain names registered in your account with SANGKRIT.net. However, you can associate a Business Profile with any valid domain name, regardless of where it is registered.
Business Registration provides your complete online listing and it’s instantly visible to everyone who searches for your domain name in the WhoIs database.
What is WhoIs Database? WHOIS (pronounced as the phrase who is) is a query and response protocol that is widely used for querying databases that store the registered users or assignees of an Internet resource, such as a domain name, an IP address block, or an autonomous system, but is also used for a wider range of other information. The protocol stores and delivers database content in a human-readable format.
It is basically an online repository of information associated with registered domain names. It stores and publicly displays domain name information, such creation and expiration dates, the registrar of record, and its various contacts (registrant, billing, administrative, and technical).
When you register a domain name, the information is collected, per the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) regulations for domain name registrars. The information in the Whois database is available to anyone who does a Whois search for a particular domain name. You must enter valid information in your account. If you do not, you risk losing your domain name registration.
Anyone who does not wants to show his personal information on whois should add privacy to his domain name, it also protects one from spams, scams, and prying eyes.
Now what Business Registration does is, it allows you to display more customized and prominent information on whois listing about your business, such as
- The Free Online Business Card website presents your business name, logo, up to four links, phone number, address, operating hours, directions to your store – you can even add photos!
- It help visitors find your place of business with a detailed online map (international mapping available for 67 countries).
- It gives potential customers a special message or offer! Use the description field to add your comments, display business awards or offer coupons.
- Selling your domain name? Business Registration can also include domain auction and appraisal information from SANGKRIT.net Auctions®.
- It includes 5-star user rating system as well as customer reviews.
In-case if you have more than one business domain then you can also organize multiple listings from one screen.
How To Add Business Registration to a New Domain Name?
To add Business Registration on a new domain name, visit here, type in your domain name and follow on-screen steps to checkout or express checkout, and then complete the checkout process to buy a new domain name having this feature enabled.
How To Manage Your Business Registration Profile? Business Registration provides a customized business listing in the Whois database for your domain name including your business name, logo, up to four web & social links, phone number, address, operating hours, directions to your store — there’s even space for coupons.
Once you own the product. You can edit your Business Registration profile through the Business Manager using these instructions.
- Log in to your SANGKRIT.net account. and click Business Registration.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
- Enter or edit the information in Business Info, Contact, Edit Map, Categories, Extras, and Finish tabs.
- Then click Next or click Back to return to the previous tab to make any changes.
- Finally click Finish to save your changes.
How To Add Business Registration to an Existing Domain Name?
You can add Business Registration to most domain names in your account.
- Log in to your SANGKRIT.net account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- Select the domain names you want to upgrade.
- Click Upgrade.
- On Registration Options tab, click Add for Business Registration.
- Click Checkout or Express Checkout, and then complete the checkout process.
Other than Business Registration, there are many other registration types such as Certified Domain, Protected Registration, Private Registration, Deluxe Registration etc. You can know about each registration type in detail by visiting here and selecting a registration type from ‘Domain Names’ menu.