Default WordPress search only allows your website users to search anything locally on particular website. If you are a network administrator you can easily enable a Global Search that searches the given keywords in all subsites of your multisite network by post title, post content or post author.
For enabling Global Search in your multisite network simply Install and Network Activate Multisite Global Search and follow the given instructions:
- Create a new page with the permalink URL:
- Place shortcode
multisite_search_result]in post content area.
- You may also activate its widget from Appearance -> Widgets page.
- Multisite Global Search Widget. Show a search form in your sidebar.
- Search across all network blogs or only in your blogs if you are logged.
- Search on pages.
- Administrative choice to perform searches by default on pages.
- Administrative choice to disable search options.
- Search results are showed in a page which contents the shortcode:
- Show excerpted results
- Entries on every site across your installation appear in search results immediately after publication.
- Receive results from your complete blog network, even sites you do not own or control.
- Customizable style sheet for widget and results page.
- Two different form types, vertical and horizontal.
- Put search form into your code with
- Insert search form in templates using the shortcode: