When starting a new WordPress website, there are some default settings website owners likes to change. For instance: post name permalink structure is said to be more SEO friendly than default permalink structure of WordPress.
And there are more issues such as preferred domain address (with or with www), pre-installed hello dolly plugin, deactivated Akisment, unset timezone, media uploads directory, published sample post, comment and page etc.
WP Quick Setup is the new WordPress plugin that makes it easy for you to start up a new WordPress blog with automatically fixed issues within a click of a button.
What this plugin can do is?
- Change the permalink structure to /%postname%/
- Deselect the option “Organize my uploads in to month and year based folders”
- Delete the “Hello Dolly” plugin
- Activate the Akismet plugin
- Select the preferred domain (www or non-www)
- Select frontpage type (static page or blog posts)
- Select timezone
- Delete sample post, sample page and sample comment (dummy content)
- Disable user registration
Start by installing ‘WP Quick Setup’ plugin in WordPress
Upon activation, visit your admin area dashboard Settings -> WP Quick Setup screen, select your option and click ‘Quick Setup’ button to start automatic fixation.
It takes a few seconds and if everything complete successfully, it displays you a green color tick mark.