You should be focusing strongly on function, usability to better manage your website as your business asset. Stating your goal as your first step to your online presence is an important thing to do.
To make your own website, simply start by thinking the purpose you want your website to serve and then transform that purpose into a live website by using WordPress on your domain and installing themes/plugins accordingly.
Why you need a website?
- You want to sell products
- You want to appear in search
- You want to engage your customers
- You want to promote your brand online
- You want to establish your brand’s authority
- You want more people to know about your service
- You want to showcase your products and services
- You want to build a community
- You want to generate leads
- Something else…
The purpose you want your website to serve
Think about the actions you want your visitors to do when they get to your website. This may include,
- Buy/Browse your products/services
- Read your articles i.e. blog posts
- Call the phone number
- Something else…
The creation of your website
There is some free plugin or theme for every purpose which when put together brings a fully fleshed website live on your domain.
So the first thing you need to do is read this tutorial to learn the basics of using WordPress to make your own website. Then use the given points to direct the creation of your website by installing appropriate themes and plugins.
- You want to start blogging and make money from it then use WordPress and apply for Google Adsense
- You want to sell your products online then use WordPress with WooCommerce
- You want to promote your brand online then use WordPress with a Business theme
- You want to showcase your products and services then use WordPress with WooCommerce Catalogue Mode
- You want to appear in search results then use WordPress with search engine visibility and start posting new useful content on a regular basis
To assure that your content is delivered in such a way that visitors can easily and intuitively find the information they seek, resulting in a pleasant and productive user experience.