Before making high-level changes such as installing new applications or setting up server configurations, you will need to make sure that super admin i.e. sudo (also called as ‘root’) access has been enabled on your Linux-based VPS or Dedicated Server.
To do it, login to your SANGKRIT.net account and follow these steps:
- Visit your ‘Products‘ page
- On your ‘My Products‘ page, click ‘Manage‘
- In the account ‘Dashboard‘, select ‘Settings‘ option at the top of the page
- Select ‘Enable Admin Access’ (this is root account sudo access)
- Now click ‘Save‘
In the settings section, you will see that admin access is now enabled on your server.
Next, to enjoy the privileges of super admin, you will need to switch to the root user. But be careful you now can do anything having super admin access, and now it is really easy for you to mess up your server.
To switch to sudo i.e. root user, follow these steps:
- Enable root access for your server (you have already done that in the above mentioned steps)
- Next, connect your server via SSH
- Run this command: sudo su –
- Enter your server password
You now have the root access.