Without visiting cPanel and editing or adding PHP files you can very easily customize your WordPress installation with some basic hacks that every WordPress site owner needs, specially if you are working on your client website.
WP Total Hacks is a free WordPress plugin. Install and activate it then visit its options page from Dashboard -> Settings -> and you can customize many important features of your WordPress site like:
- You can add your favicon.
- You can change admin header logo.
- You can change admin footer text.
- You can change login logo.
- Deactivae selected meta boxes for Posts & Pages.
- Deactivate selected dashboard widgets.
- Remove unnecessary meta tags.
- Change default email address.
- Remove Update Notification for all users except Admin User.
- Delete default contact methods from user profile.
- You can customize limit the number of allowed revisions.
- You can disable auto save.
- Stop sending pings from your own site to your own site when you write posts and much more, see the given screenshots:
Post and Page Hack
WordPress Admin Area Appearance Hacks