You can track the number of hits made to your WordPress site (including or excluding bots & spiders) by using new WordPress Dummy Hit Counter plugin. The plugin activates a counter widget which displays the number of hits made on your website.
Simply install and activate Dummy Hit Counter. After activation visit your admin area Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets page and drag its widget it your sidebar. The widget allows you to set following parameter:
- Custom Widget Title
- Count robot and spider hits (optional)
- Explanatory text before counter (optional)
- The minimal user level to ignore for the counter
- Custom Number of Hits to Start Counting From ;-)
- Number of seconds after last before random hits will be added. It is also the mean number of seconds between two simulated hits.