The mechanism of login session timeout adds extra protection to your WordPress website by enforcing the logout to the user who remains idle for some time or unwittingly leaves the website without logging out properly.
In such a case the session is automatically terminated and makes the user log in again while he tried to access the admin panel of his website.
First of all, you should know that anyone can start his own website simply by registering his domain name and then subscribing to a Managed WordPress plan.
Now to activate login timeout sessions, simply visit Plugins -> Add New page and use the search box to find and install the new WordPress plugin called ‘Login Timeout Sessions‘.
Upon activation, the plugin gives you the ability to set the expiry time of a login session on user capacities:
- You can set up a new login session
- You can set the login remember me session
- You can set special timeout sessions for users with a specific capability
- You can set a longer or shorter login time for administrators with the “edit_theme_options” capability
- You can add the updates panel (Settings > Login Sessions)
- You can use, deactivate and restore the default WordPress behavior
These settings can be easily managed from your admin area dashboard Settings -> Login Sessions page. From there you would be able to edit the session on the basis of the user’s capabilities.