You can easily extend default WordPress menus registered on your theme’s menu location to make them highly customizable. You can change their appearance, create new menu themes, add widget in them, HTML, enable menu custom icons and use them in your existing website menu locations.
Max Mega Menu is an awesome plugin that automatically gets integrated with existing WordPress menu system and provides you customization options, makes your menus responsive, retina & touch ready.
“UPDATE: IG Mega Menu plugin provides you user oriented features for designing beautiful menus in WordPress. It also deserves a try.”
- Zero theme edits
- Drag & drop widget editor
- 6 column panels (widgets can span multiple columns)
- Flyout (traditional) or Mega Menu menu styles
- Menu Icons
- Activate Menu on either hover (intent) or click
- Fade/Slide/None transitions
- Compatible with touch screen devices
- 3 ‘down’ arrow icon styles
- Built in theme editor with color picker
- Works with multiple menus on the same page
- Works with menus tagged to multiple Theme Locations
- Retina Ready
- Safe: You can uninstall and go back to your old menu
How To Use Max Mega Menu In WordPress?
Install and activate Max Mega Menu plugin.
After activation visit your admin area dashboard Appearance -> Menu Themes page and create/customize menu themes.
Visit Appearance -> Menus screen and click to open ‘Mege Menu Settings’ section.
Now select a menu location and enable the new menu theme you have created.
There are more options like in your menu structure, you can add widgets by clicking ‘Configure Panel Widgets for Checkout‘.
Watch the given video tutorial carefully to see how it works.