Apocalypse Meow is a powerful WordPress plugin that helps you protect your admin area from getting hacked. It includes password strength requirements and brute-force log-in prevention.
Install and activate Apocalypse Meow and get your useful tools package for protecting your admin area. Its free. See how it locks down your admin area:
- Brute-force log-in protection: temporarily disable and replace the log-in form after a specified number of failures are detected.
- Specify minimum password requirements for users to ensure nobody chooses something stupid like “password123″. :)
- See a complete history of log-in attempts, successes, and bans; optionally downloadable in CSV format.
- Disable the “generator” meta tag, which betrays which version of WordPress you are running (thereby making exploits more easily targetted).
- Prevent the direct execution of PHP scripts in
- Rename the default “admin” user.
After activation you can review its settings from Dashboard -> Settings -> Apocalypse Meow and fore viewing Log-in History visit your dashboard users menu. View FAQs here.