Magento is a free e-commerce shopping cart application that enables you to start your e-commerce shopping cart website and manage all your sales and payments. It was initially released in 2008 and now has grown rapidly to serve more than 110,000 merchants worldwide. In this tutorial we will be showing you a step by step guide on installing Magento in your SANGKRIT.net web hosting account.
Likewise you know SANGKRIT.net provides you a one click website installer service which you can use for installing a number of websites applications, CMS, shopping carts, guest books and other website types.
How To Install Magento On Your Website Hosting Plan?
First thing you need to do is subscribe to a hosting plan of SANGKRIT.net, then login to your website hosting account and launch your hosting cPanel. Now from your cPanel, scroll down to Software/Services section and click ‘Installatron Applications Installer’.
Select Application Browser tab:
Scroll down to ‘Apps for e-Commerce and Business’ section and click ‘Magento’:
Clicking ‘Magento’ opens up it installation page showing you details and features of a Magento based eCommerce website. From here you can take application demo, check other websites using the same application etc.
To start Magento installation process, click ‘+install this application‘ button:
This asks you to select a domain/subdomain/directory for installing your new Magento website. If you are already running a website on your main domain then you can either go for a subdomain or use a subdirectry for installation.
Scroll down to ‘Settings’ section and type in your new website a username, password, admin email and then click ‘Install’ button:
It takes a few seconds and then provides you your new website address & admin section URL from where you can login and start managing your e-Commerce website:
The given screenshot shows the frontend view of a demo Magento store:
Main Features Of Magento:
Magento provides the scalability, flexibility, and features for business growth. Merchants using Magento have complete flexibility and control over the presentation, content, and functionality of their online channel.
- Analytics and Reporting: Useful reports such as Abandoned Shopping Cart Report and Best Customers Report by Total and Number of Orders.
- Search Engine Optimization: URL Rewrites give full control of URL’s Meta-information for products and categories.
- Site Management: Control multiple websites and stores from one Administration Panel.
- Catalog Management: Batch Import and Export of catalog, Google Base Integration, and Downloadable/Digital Products.
- Catalog Browsing: Layer/Faceted navigation for filtering of products, Product comparisons, and Product Reviews.
- Product Browsing: Downloadable Products, Multiple Images Per Product, and Product Image Zoom-in Capability.
- Mobile Commerce: An iPhone optimized interface is included.
- Checkout: One-Page Checkout and Guest Checkout.
- Shipping: Shipping to multiple addresses in one order.
- Payment: Multiple payment options, and Configurable authorization and capturing of funds.
- Customer Service: Feature-rich Customer Accounts, and Order Tracking from Account.
- Customer Accounts: Re-orders from account, and Recently ordered items.
- Order Management: View, edit, create and fulfill orders from admin panel. Create one or multiple invoices, shipments and credit memos per order to allow for split fulfillment.
- How To Register A Free .COM/.ORG/.NET Domain Name?
- Start Any Kind Of Website Or Webservice From cPanel In Minutes